West Point Presbyterian Church believes the following five principles are the foundation of our life together as the Body of Christ, the Church:
1. We believe Jesus Christ must be at the center and foundation of our lives and making disciples of Jesus is the core of our ministry.
Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
2. We believe the Bible is the unique and authoritative Word of God, which teaches all that is necessary for faith and life. The prominence of God’s Word over our lives shapes our priorities, and the unrivaled authority of the Bible directs our actions to be in concert with Christ’s very best for our lives.
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” 2 Timothy 3:16
3. We believe in empowering the ministry gifts of women, men, and every ethnic group. This includes the full ordination of women and men, and full participation in local ministry of all followers of Jesus Christ.
“There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28
4. We believe in living out the whole of the Great Commission – including evangelism, spiritual formation, compassion, and redemptive justice – in our community and around the world.
Jesus said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you...” Matthew 28:19-20
5. We believe the doors of the church are open to ALL people, period. ALL are welcomed to join us for worship and ministry, as ALL have sinned, and ALL are offered the love, mercy and redeeming grace of God in Jesus Christ.
“For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Romans 2:23 - and - Jesus said, “I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” Luke 5:31